Discussion:
House hippies, Here we go again
(too old to reply)
colors
2005-02-25 00:02:10 UTC
Permalink
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!

My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.

One of few,
colors

P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
loveinanelevator
2005-02-25 00:04:01 UTC
Permalink
CLAP CLAP CLAP CALP! well said!
poorphucker
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
logan & thorne
2005-02-25 00:36:29 UTC
Permalink
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
I don't have to wake up and rage. You already proved you couldn't cut it on
the road. And when it got hard you took your broken down school bus, you
never learned how to fix, (strumming on a guitar and tying knots is a cool
thing, but what about learning how to fucking wrench if you live in a bus).

Colors, I like you. We've talked before. But please, before you put any
more effort into a school bus, buy a diesel coach. And learn how to fix it.
Then, once you learn how to make it warm you don't have to run anywhere.
You can stay in the coach always. I personally, would not want to live
again on the road 24-7-365. I like being in a coach and going from weigh
station to weigh station. A lot of people I know own property all over the
country, and it is a lot nicer for my family that way.

Logan
Post by colors
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
woodstock
2005-02-25 10:25:44 UTC
Permalink
Post by logan & thorne
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
I don't have to wake up and rage. You already proved you couldn't cut it on
the road. And when it got hard you took your broken down school bus, you
never learned how to fix, (strumming on a guitar and tying knots is a cool
thing, but what about learning how to fucking wrench if you live in a bus).
Colors, I like you. We've talked before. But please, before you put any
more effort into a school bus, buy a diesel coach. And learn how to fix it.
Then, once you learn how to make it warm you don't have to run
anywhere.
Post by logan & thorne
You can stay in the coach always. I personally, would not want to live
again on the road 24-7-365. I like being in a coach and going from weigh
station to weigh station. A lot of people I know own property all over the
country, and it is a lot nicer for my family that way.
Logan
School 'em Logan! -woodstock-
Post by logan & thorne
Post by colors
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few
rainbows
Post by logan & thorne
Post by colors
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
William O'Leary
2005-02-25 01:02:34 UTC
Permalink
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account".
I see no difference.... I have been in both positions.... I was on and
off the streets from 1979 to 1995.... I have hitched it to Gatherings
and I have had a vehicle which I drove to Gatherings.

I have had no job and lived off of suop kitchens and dumpster diving....
I have had jobs and ate frood bought at some of the hig priced food
markets like Whole Foods.

BUT, you know what remains a constant ?? I think that unless one is a
Vulcan they bleed red of cut.... I was born, I will die.... this is the
same for all the breathe air on this rock.

It is when pholks start to make the distinction that problems really start.
Post by colors
I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world.
Obviously you are one that has either not had such things or has had too
much of it.... I was the former.... I grew up in a very wealthy
Bostonian family.... left home at the age of 16 becuz I wanted nothing
to do with the family or it's money.

To say the least since that day I have accepted no assistance from my
family.... in fact I have not spoken to anyone in my family since
1997.... everything I have I have worked hard for.

My world is hardly "white bread" or "priviledged".... I live in a small
one bedroom apartment, I do not own a car (presently), I take public
transportation or ride my bike.... I have no security.... hell, the
owner of the bike shop got back from Peru yesterday and has already
fired one person.
Post by colors
House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb,
Up until Decembre of 2003 I lived with others.... I need people around
me.... when "rainbows" come to my home I open my door to them.... hell,
just 3 months ago I had 5 hobos living in my small one bedroom.

I do have my rules since it is my home.... they are few.... but, if a
person respects me and my home I have no problems.
Post by colors
or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus.
I have lived in a tent in the dead of winter at 8,700 ft. in the Rockie
Mountains.... I know what it's like.
Post by colors
I make about 200 a week right now.
If it is an honest weeks work then be proud of that $200
Post by colors
I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money,
When I first got out on the streets of Boston the only thing that I knew
how to do was play my bass.... I was in Harvard Square watching this guy
play guitar and we hooked up and started playing together.
Post by colors
none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume
And that is your choice.... so, where do you buy your food ??
Post by colors
without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
Uhm, you kow nothing about "my way of life".... I don't even know you.
Post by colors
My road family never says no.
Uhm, now I know you are full of shit.... having lived on the streets and
traveled the road I have met hundreds oif not thousands of people on the
road and streets say no.

You seem to want to elevate street and road pholks above those that live
in homes.... I see all as the same.... guess what, the guy that is
living in his $2,000 a month condo in Seattle will one day expire and
leave this world.... as will the guy that is sleeping on the streets in
downtown Boston.
Post by colors
They always give for free without expectation of return
I give without expectation of return.... that is the way I have always been.
Post by colors
and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
Then you need to get out of yourself more often.
Post by colors
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what,
Well, when it comes down to blatant disrespect then that is the only
time I would ask someone to leave.

I treat those in my home as I would want them to treat me.... I treat
you with respect then it would be only fair that the guest would out of
a similar kindness would treat their host with respect.
Post by colors
because when your family its my space too,
Then where you at ?? here in San Antonio there is a saying "mi casa esu
casa".... know what that means ??
Post by colors
because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on.
Which as I have pointed out is common respect for others.
Post by colors
Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering,
Uhm, well I for one do not attend "gatherings" for such purposes.... I
am coming up on 18 years of being clean and sober.... now remembre I
have been attending Gatherings for 26 years now.... so, yes I used to
attend for that reason.... but not in the past 18 years.
Post by colors
whilst I'm trying to pray with my family.
Ohm they are your "family" and nobody elses ?? how possessive.
Post by colors
Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette,
I do not smoke them but if you do then that is your choice.... if you
are in my home I ask only that it be done on the patio.
Post by colors
a place to stay,
But wait a minute.... I live in a "white bread" box.... are you sure you
would even want to stay here ?? I do have cable and Internet.
Post by colors
food?
Oh no, I buy all my food from places like WalMart, Sun Harvest and WHole
Foods.... but mostly I eat out.
Post by colors
Are you family?
After your little rant here I would venture to guess no in your opinion.
Post by colors
Me too. Who owns what?
I own nothing.... I could die tomorrow on my morning bike ride to
work.... then what ?? I hold no attachement to anything.

"Place no importance on any one thing for in there comes sadness"

Aleister Crowley
Post by colors
Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
Sure, when I die.
Post by colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
Been there, done that.
--
"God only knows, God makes his plans.
The information is unavailable to the mortal man"


Preacha Bill
bodhi
2005-02-25 02:04:16 UTC
Permalink
Go ahead and pay your taxes, vote every four years, and keep your money
in the bank - BUT HEAVEN FORBID should the government require you to
obey the law on your two week vacation from your babylon job playing
hippy out in the forest. For many Road Dawgs, Rainbow is a lifestyle
and we appreciate the ability to gather with Family.
Post by William O'Leary
BUT, you know what remains a constant ?? I think that unless one is a
Vulcan they bleed red of cut.... I was born, I will die.... this is the
same for all the breathe air on this rock.
It is when pholks start to make the distinction that problems really start.
How about this distinction - while you bitch about the government
interfering with your two week playtime out in the forest, the same
government owns your babylonian ass.
Post by William O'Leary
Obviously you are one that has either not had such things or has had too
much of it.... I was the former.... I grew up in a very wealthy
Bostonian family.... left home at the age of 16 becuz I wanted
nothing
Post by William O'Leary
to do with the family or it's money.
Bet you ten bucks your family kicked you out and disinherited you.
Post by William O'Leary
To say the least since that day I have accepted no assistance from my
family.... in fact I have not spoken to anyone in my family since
1997.... everything I have I have worked hard for.
You haven't spoken to them because they won't accept your collect
calls.
Post by William O'Leary
Uhm, you kow nothing about "my way of life".... I don't even know you.
We know you're selfish.
Post by William O'Leary
Post by colors
My road family never says no.
Uhm, now I know you are full of shit.... having lived on the streets and
traveled the road I have met hundreds oif not thousands of people on the
road and streets say no.
They say no to you.

Let's face it. If you REALLY cared about the road dawg family, you
would'nt have shut down your ride share board.
You talk alot of big words, but your actions speak pretty loud to me.
o***@hotmail.com
2005-02-25 04:46:47 UTC
Permalink
Post by William O'Leary
"Place no importance on any one thing for in there comes sadness"
Aleister Crowley
Interesting.. a self-professed, so-called preacher quoting a Satanist.
smokey
2005-02-25 05:28:48 UTC
Permalink
Post by o***@hotmail.com
Post by William O'Leary
"Place no importance on any one thing for in there comes sadness"
Aleister Crowley
Interesting.. a self-professed, so-called preacher quoting a
Satanist.

It seems kinda dumb to argue about who has less in life. All this
arguing and bickering on AGR sucks. Kinda reminds me of church people
trying to be holier than thou, but we're trying to be poorer than thou.
Rainbow is great, but some of the stuff on this newsgroup is
ridiculous. We ALL do babylonian shit, we ARE all on computers! When
was the last time you typed on a tree? I see babylonian things as kind
of an equivalent to sin. we all sin, we all do babylonian shit. The
point is to realize when you're wrong, and not to let it take over your
heart. I was first attracted to the family because of the love,
acceptance, and brotherhood of it all. Let's try to keep that going,
not put each other down for our faults. babylon does enough of that for
us. we all have the same gift, we realize that there's a problem, and
we should do our best not to be a part of it, that's more than most of
american society has, they think they're normal. hippy hugs to all of
you-------Smokey
William O'Leary
2005-02-25 05:43:53 UTC
Permalink
Post by smokey
It seems kinda dumb to argue about who has less in life. All this
arguing and bickering on AGR sucks.
Some people are drama magnets.... this group is their metal
Post by smokey
Kinda reminds me of church people
trying to be holier than thou, but we're trying to be poorer than thou.
Not me, I just live my life the way I want.
Post by smokey
Rainbow is great, but some of the stuff on this newsgroup is
ridiculous.
No shit.
Post by smokey
We ALL do babylonian shit, we ARE all on computers!
Shhh, don't point out the obvious.
Post by smokey
When was the last time you typed on a tree?
When was the last time they plugged a computer into a tree ??
Post by smokey
I see babylonian things as kind of an equivalent to sin. we all sin,
"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"
Post by smokey
we all do babylonian shit.
Some more than others
Post by smokey
The point is to realize when you're wrong,
Everyone ahs a different idea of what it "right" and that which is "wrong".
Post by smokey
and not to let it take over your heart.
Nothing is that important to me.
Post by smokey
I was first attracted to the family because of the love,
acceptance, and brotherhood of it all.
Yeah, so were a lot of people.... until we got our first glimpse of the
shit that springs out of it.
Post by smokey
Let's try to keep that going,
Great, so we'll see you in the Ozarks ??
Post by smokey
not put each other down for our faults.
Some people feel the need to put others down thinking that by doing such
that they are building themselves up.... when in fact it quite the opposite.
Post by smokey
babylon does enough of that for us.
This "babylon" place that people keep referring to as far as I know does
not exist.... there is no distinction between when I am in the woods or
when I am in the city.

People that follow the "US" vs. "THEM" path are the ones that have
trouble with this concept.
Post by smokey
we all have the same gift,
You got that ugly tie as well ?!? I am looking to give it to someone else.
Post by smokey
we realize that there's a problem, and
we should do our best not to be a part of it,
Some can't help but being part of the problem.... if there were no
problem they would make one up just so that they can be part of it.
Post by smokey
that's more than most of american society has, they think they're normal.
I'm nermal.
Post by smokey
hippy hugs to all of you
Sure, did you bathe before hugging me ??
--
"God only knows, God makes his plans.
The information is unavailable to the mortal man"


Preacha Bill
Sparrow 13
2005-02-28 00:22:20 UTC
Permalink
on 24 Feb 2005 20:46:47 -0800, "***@hotmail.com" <***@hotmail.com>
wrote...
Post by o***@hotmail.com
Post by William O'Leary
"Place no importance on any one thing for in there comes sadness"
Aleister Crowley
Interesting.. a self-professed, so-called preacher quoting a Satanist.
AC was not a Satanist. Do you *always* believe everything you read or hear
about someone before examining their work for yourself? Geez, some of the
people on this group are so ignorant, and outspoken about it, that the reeling
mind must boggle, and the boggling mind can only reel.



Sparrow 13
The Extremely DeLux One



PS: Don't anybody bother to pipe up "Oh yes he was,too!"; because anyone who
can't distinguish between a Thelemite and a Satanist is too ignorant on the
subject to have any business even discussing it, while those who *do* know
better, well, *know* better.
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-28 02:57:55 UTC
Permalink
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
Post by Sparrow 13
wrote...
Post by o***@hotmail.com
Post by William O'Leary
"Place no importance on any one thing for in there comes sadness"
Aleister Crowley
Interesting.. a self-professed, so-called preacher quoting a Satanist.
AC was not a Satanist. Do you *always* believe everything you read or hear
about someone before examining their work for yourself? Geez, some of the
people on this group are so ignorant, and outspoken about it, that the reeling
mind must boggle, and the boggling mind can only reel.
Sparrow 13
The Extremely DeLux One
PS: Don't anybody bother to pipe up "Oh yes he was,too!"; because anyone who
can't distinguish between a Thelemite and a Satanist is too ignorant on the
subject to have any business even discussing it, while those who *do* know
better, well, *know* better.
Karin Zirk
2005-02-28 15:13:37 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
YES! Or at least he used to. Don't know if he still does.
William O'Leary
2005-03-01 02:47:21 UTC
Permalink
Last I heard (and this was just about 6 monts ago) Peter Frampton now
has it.... he as on Jimmy Kimmel talking about it.
Post by Karin Zirk
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
YES! Or at least he used to. Don't know if he still does.
--
"God only knows, God makes his plans.
The information is unavailable to the mortal man"


Preacha Bill
Sparrow 13
2005-02-28 17:14:18 UTC
Permalink
SpunDance/SunDance wrote...
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
Sometime in the early 1970s ( having been interested in both esoteric studies
and hard rock demigods since I was a long-haired crazy J.D., I'm embarassed to
admit I don't know the particulars ) Jimmy Page did indeed purchase Boleskine,
an old Scottish estate formerly owned by Uncle Al -- the scene of many wild
parties, ultra-hedonistical orgies, austere spiritual retreats and deep acts of
high magick over the years.

I think you got your geography kinda bolloxed up though, unless you were just
funnin' with us -- Boleskine is on the shores of Loch Ness, in Scotland, and
I'm almost certain the Rhine River is in Germany or somewhere like that.

Also I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jimmy sold the property a while
back. Anyone who's real interested could probably find the facts pretty quick
on Google; I'll probably check it our myself after while

Y'all have started me on a Led Zepelin kick this morning; I'm listening to
"Kashmir" even as we speak and in just a moment I'm gonna try to find the
soundtrack for *The Song Remains The Same* just so I can hear the live versions
of Stairway and No Quarter and Dazed And Confused.

Sparrow 13
White Trash '70s RockNRoll Childe,
and DAYAM proud of it, too!
GraayWolf The Javaman
2005-02-28 19:59:33 UTC
Permalink
Post by Sparrow 13
SpunDance/SunDance wrote...
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
Sometime in the early 1970s ( having been interested in both
esoteric studies
Post by Sparrow 13
and hard rock demigods since I was a long-haired crazy J.D., I'm embarassed to
admit I don't know the particulars ) Jimmy Page did indeed purchase Boleskine,
an old Scottish estate formerly owned by Uncle Al -- the scene of many wild
parties, ultra-hedonistical orgies, austere spiritual retreats and deep acts of
high magick over the years.
I think you got your geography kinda bolloxed up though, unless you were just
funnin' with us -- Boleskine is on the shores of Loch Ness, in
Scotland, and
Post by Sparrow 13
I'm almost certain the Rhine River is in Germany or somewhere like that.
Also I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jimmy sold the property a while
back. Anyone who's real interested could probably find the facts pretty quick
on Google; I'll probably check it our myself after while
Y'all have started me on a Led Zepelin kick this morning; I'm
listening to
Post by Sparrow 13
"Kashmir" even as we speak and in just a moment I'm gonna try to find the
soundtrack for *The Song Remains The Same* just so I can hear the live versions
of Stairway and No Quarter and Dazed And Confused.
Sparrow 13
White Trash '70s RockNRoll Childe,
and DAYAM proud of it, too!
Get Led Zeppelin "How The West Was Won" (2 disc set), got it myself,
great live cuts! but I'm parcial to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black
Sabbeth, Ozzy, DIO, but have everything from The Beatles (all) The
Doors (All) Hendrix, & joplin-------- to Metallica (one CD left to get
"Kill Em All"), Nickelback, Judas Priest. Metal
Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbow is everyone "In The Dead Of Night, Love Bites!"







..::::..
.::' '.
::' &
::: {{} :
::: {@ } :
':: <= _J
.: / } '
'/ ( .'
^ / ( )
/( { \\
\\__{ ( )~~\\
~~~~/ \__# -m
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
{ -=GraayWolf=- }
colors
2005-02-28 20:00:12 UTC
Permalink
Thanks for the insight folks. The song of the heart I feel from some of
these replies are so beautiful and well sung. It is joyful.

I am learning more and more of the world of injustices and it is
heartbreaking to discover how many of those are directly or very
closely linked to the lifestyle, the culture I was raised in.

colors
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-28 20:00:23 UTC
Permalink
And if you play stairway to heaven Back words it says, down to SATAN..that
was the word from the ANTI-Rock n Roll church group in the 70's
anyway....lol...peace out
Post by Sparrow 13
SpunDance/SunDance wrote...
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
is it true that JimmyPage Guitar Player for LED Zepplin, owns AC's old house
on the Rhine River???
Sometime in the early 1970s ( having been interested in both esoteric studies
and hard rock demigods since I was a long-haired crazy J.D., I'm embarassed to
admit I don't know the particulars ) Jimmy Page did indeed purchase Boleskine,
an old Scottish estate formerly owned by Uncle Al -- the scene of many wild
parties, ultra-hedonistical orgies, austere spiritual retreats and deep acts of
high magick over the years.
I think you got your geography kinda bolloxed up though, unless you were just
funnin' with us -- Boleskine is on the shores of Loch Ness, in Scotland, and
I'm almost certain the Rhine River is in Germany or somewhere like that.
Also I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jimmy sold the property a while
back. Anyone who's real interested could probably find the facts pretty quick
on Google; I'll probably check it our myself after while
Y'all have started me on a Led Zepelin kick this morning; I'm listening to
"Kashmir" even as we speak and in just a moment I'm gonna try to find the
soundtrack for *The Song Remains The Same* just so I can hear the live versions
of Stairway and No Quarter and Dazed And Confused.
Sparrow 13
White Trash '70s RockNRoll Childe,
and DAYAM proud of it, too!
William O'Leary
2005-03-01 03:09:39 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
And if you play stairway to heaven Back words it says, down to SATAN..that
was the word from the ANTI-Rock n Roll church group in the 70's
anyway....lol...peace out
Funny you should mention that.... becuz I used to have one of those tape
decks that automatically flipped the heads for ya so that eh other side
of the tape would play.... but the problem was that it was broken....
and instead of flipping the heads it would just move them over and play
the same side over BACKWARDS !!! so, I had all my friends bring their
LZ, IM, and other tapes over to listen to.

Damn, some of the shit we heard was down right funny.... other shit was
outright scary.

SO, it was a tape recorder and I decided to try something.... I hooked
up a mike and recorded something in normal mode.... hit the play button
and the reverse and listened to it.... man, was that hilarious !!!

Then I go this idea.... backwards masking subliminal taping.... I own;t
go into it but to say the least there a was this girl I gave one such
tape to in Boulder.... she soon shaved her head after listening tot he tape.
--
"God only knows, God makes his plans.
The information is unavailable to the mortal man"


Preacha Bill
William O'Leary
2005-02-25 01:54:08 UTC
Permalink
Ya know,

I just took a walk down to Super Target to get some food.... and as I
was walking I started thinking about this (I love to walk and think).

You just spent this entire post insulting people you do not even
know.... and why ?? becuz they have a place to live and job ?? how
shallow is your life ??

PLUS, when you go looking for a place to stay which person do you expect
to offer you one after reading what you wrote ?? do you seriously think
that insulting people don't even know with such blatant disrespect
should offer you a place to stay ?? or food to eat ?? or God forbid even
a cigarette ??

Remember what I said about mutual respect.
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
--
"God only knows, God makes his plans.
The information is unavailable to the mortal man"


Preacha Bill
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-25 03:57:52 UTC
Permalink
Click this link for a picture of MY House:
http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html

I got the greatest place any Hippie could ever want. The land was free if I
make the payments on the trashed trailer for the next 6 years, only $200 a
month..I got 2 old trashed trailer houses, and 3 rv's and the Ol school
yellow COOL BUS we lived in for 8 years of the 11 we spent on the road.doing
rainbow. and living in the forests. on the way to the Next Gathering..we got
running water, electric, phone line, satellite internet dish, with 300 TV
channels.
I connected all the RV's to the Main trailer house. to make a HIPPIE
manson.this gives me 5 bedrooms. and will connect the Brown Trailer house
in the way back of the picture this Summer. to give me 8 bedrooms, 4 full
bathrooms.only one has WATER, so far, still looking PVC pipe ground scores..
2 family rooms. 3 kitchens. 1 laundry room. and 1 computer room. for my
computers and CB radio stuff..and Woodburner for heat.. I got NO windows,
they are all smashed when I got this Place..I need a glass(bottle) cutter to
cut all beer bottles I find out here on EXIT ramp. to I 40.. to cut them
intoStained type glass windows...and only ONE doorway in the house so
far...I build my Hippie Manson with Dumpster stuff. wood, metal. etc.. i
find after trailers are smashed in the Winds and bad weather we get out here
in New Mexico.or that the owners want to get off their property, and Cleaned
up. so they can sell their land.. after they miss there payments on their
trailer house.. stuff left behind after they vacate, is First Come to the
taker.or it rots on the ground. Ive even been asked to use my truck to clean
up property, and paid to take the good ground scores(Garbage to Them,
building Materials to ME) home..lol.....or I find good stuff in dumpsters
too . I got a Chicken Farm, in the yard. and we grow Vegetables in the TIRE
garden . and haul drinking water in the Big tank in the pickup truck. and
use the Grey van to haul Waste(garbage. to the reclamation center for
recycling)..in 3 different bins..and we use a septic tank we dig with
shovels,by hand and used tires, and wood for the liner and cover.. Man do I
got it good. now!!!. just chillin in my hippie manson with my 4kids and
wife, 9 dogz, 16 catz, 55 chickens, 6 duckz, 4 geese. and 5 rabbits..nice to
be off the road. with no lic. or insurance. or tagz..and a SAFE place for my
kids to grow.. Im 3 miles from I-40.on the Laguna Reservation... so if
anyone needs a place to Land for few days,or longer if your DRUG FREE.we can
do that for you... let me know when ya coming thru..been here 3 years now..
look at all the work ive done. and when we get the BACK trailer house built
on, it will be AWESOME.I could rent it to the right folkz with Kids, that
are Drug and Booze free..for $150 a month. but, I need to ground score some
4x8 plyboard, and 2x4's to do that...still looking??.Jah has Blessed me, and
my family, for sure!!!.Home is where your HEART is. not Your HOUSE...peace
out
http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html
Terry Richards
2005-02-25 05:23:28 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html
no go

:-)^2
Terry Richards
2005-02-25 05:30:38 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html
ahhh!, it took forever but it did eventually come up

:-)^2
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-25 15:36:08 UTC
Permalink
ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with IE 5.5+ only?? they
are very Hi-Quality. and Compressed for zooming online..
Post by Terry Richards
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html
ahhh!, it took forever but it did eventually come up
:-)^2
Terry Richards
2005-02-25 16:10:52 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with IE 5.5+ only?? they
are very Hi-Quality. and Compressed for zooming online..
you need any tires?

:-)^2
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-25 16:50:28 UTC
Permalink
I got few hundred here now, they grow great potatoes, and green chiles.. and
help with a early tomoato crop every year. then, they are used has wind
block. we get 40 mile hr. winds every day. inthe summer. starting at noon,
till 4:00pm...
.. the funny thing is. im so far from town, evey now and then someone comes
to my door, and asks if I got tire they buy from me. they got a flat, on the
Hiway. and want me to repair it for them...lol
Post by Terry Richards
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with IE 5.5+ only??
they are very Hi-Quality. and Compressed for zooming online..
you need any tires?
:-)^2
logan & thorne
2005-02-25 16:53:53 UTC
Permalink
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
I got few hundred here now, they grow great potatoes, and green chiles.. and
help with a early tomoato crop every year. then, they are used has wind
block. we get 40 mile hr. winds every day. inthe summer. starting at noon,
till 4:00pm...
.. the funny thing is. im so far from town, evey now and then someone comes
to my door, and asks if I got tire they buy from me. they got a flat, on the
Hiway. and want me to repair it for them...lol
there is your new job
logan
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
Post by Terry Richards
Post by SpunDance/SunDance
ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with IE 5.5+ only??
they are very Hi-Quality. and Compressed for zooming online..
you need any tires?
:-)^2
one of us
2005-02-25 19:03:41 UTC
Permalink
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
SpunDance/SunDance wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with
IE 5.5+ only?? they
<br>are very Hi-Quality. and&nbsp; Compressed for zooming online..
<br>"Terry Richards" &lt;***@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
<br><a href="news:2HyTd.37799$***@bignews3.bellsouth.net">news:2HyTd.37799$***@bignews3.bellsouth.net</a>...
<br>> SpunDance/SunDance wrote:
<br>>> Click this link for a picture of MY House:
<br>>> <a href="http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html">http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html</a>
<br>>
<br>> ahhh!, it took forever but it did eventually come up
<br>>
<br>> :-)^2</blockquote>

<p><br>i tried downloading the pic. 4 min 30 seconds later i was done and
had a blank window. i was bummed. it must be my old netscape browser. it
doesn't like some of the newer stuff.
<p>chuck b:-)
<br>&nbsp;</html>
Terry Richards
2005-02-25 19:11:13 UTC
Permalink
i had to refresh a couple times

:-)^2
i tried downloading the pic. 4 min 30 seconds later i was done and had a
blank window. i was bummed. it must be my old netscape browser. it
doesn't like some of the newer stuff.
chuck b:-)
one of us
2005-02-25 19:11:45 UTC
Permalink
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
SpunDance/SunDance wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>ya, if you Right click you can ZOOM in the pictures,with
IE 5.5+ only?? they
<br>are very Hi-Quality. and&nbsp; Compressed for zooming online..
<br>"Terry Richards" &lt;***@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
<br><a href="news:2HyTd.37799$***@bignews3.bellsouth.net">news:2HyTd.37799$***@bignews3.bellsouth.net</a>...
<br>> SpunDance/SunDance wrote:
<br>>> Click this link for a picture of MY House:
<br>>> <a href="http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html">http://148.64.33.170:8080/MyHouse.html</a>
<br>>
<br>> ahhh!, it took forever but it did eventually come up
<br>>
<br>> :-)^2</blockquote>

<p><br>tried again and it downloaded faster (5.7kps) and only took about
3 min. but still to no avail when finished.
<p>chuck b:-)
<br>&nbsp;</html>
Terry Richards
2005-02-25 19:15:06 UTC
Permalink
leave the blank window alone for half an hour. it will show
up...eventually...no kidding

:-)^2
tried again and it downloaded faster (5.7kps) and only took about 3 min.
but still to no avail when finished.
chuck b:-)
one of us
2005-02-25 19:24:36 UTC
Permalink
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
Terry Richards wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>leave the blank window alone for half an hour. it
will show
<br>up...eventually...no kidding
<p>:-)^2
<p>> tried again and it downloaded faster (5.7kps) and only took about
3 min.
<br>> but still to no avail when finished.
<br>>
<br>> chuck b:-)
<br>>
<br>></blockquote>

<p><br>i will try that later in the day. have to run now........
<p>chuck b:-)
<br>&nbsp;</html>
Preacher Mike
2005-02-25 04:15:28 UTC
Permalink
I dunno, I had the choice of accepting a room to rent
from my brother and halping him out as I could, or
renting a box and living out of my vehicle while I
dealt with doctors and university ...
Seemed the choice I made was sensible.
I'm thankful some of my pals were househippies
while I was roaddogging.
To each their own.
PM
--
No matter where you go, there you are ...
--Buckaroo Bonzai
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
woodstock
2005-02-25 10:23:23 UTC
Permalink
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true
security
Post by colors
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are
generally
Post by colors
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you
family?
Post by colors
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
ay! joo talky me meng? -woodstock-
GraayWolf The Javaman
2005-02-25 15:56:44 UTC
Permalink
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true
security
Post by colors
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are
generally
Post by colors
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you
family?
Post by colors
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
I can't resist this one?

In 2002 I was camped along the river in back of the water treatment
plant just off of Ina Road Marana Arizona. I was selling the Tuscon
Citizen/Arizona Star on Ina & I-10. summer was coming and the physical
pain was getting bad. I used to thrive on the heat in Arizona but
lately It's been getting to me bad. I started to head north the 1st of
march 2003 thinking about which rout I was going to take to the
gathering. I got as far as the Arizona City exit outside of Casa Grande
and figured out that my body just couldn't keep going. I camped in an
old spot I use to use when I polished rims and tanks at the Petro Truck
Stop. I was real sick for days the heat was hitting eary. Some
snowbirds at the old folks camp ground kicked me a new bicycle when
they heard that I had been hit by a car on my old one. that summer I
ended up in the hospital in Casa Grande. I almost died that day. The
same snowbirds got ahold of a local non-profit organization who got me
set up with temporary low cost housing. Yes I now collect SSI, & yes I
live in a low=cost apartment. and yes I spent the SSI back pay on this
computer. My eyesite is bad, have two crippling deseases. my ticher
isn't ticking right. No I havn't given up. I recently got news from
VocRehab that they are going to help me get a 2 year degree in computer
graphics. I plan on not going to work for someone else but going to
work for me. I might not be able to drive very well any more so I won't
be getting a bus. I have the knowledge toi survive in the
desert/mountains/woods but my body just won't acomidate me. If you have
an alternative, suggest it but don't lump everyone in your little
tyrade. It got down to basic survival and if you think like like my
situation you are a fool. I do try to make the best of it. I was a
roaddog for many years and never imposed on folks. I guess I took a lot
of pide in being able to take care of myself. Oh and by the way ask
anyone who really knows me and you'll find that I will give the shirt
off my back to help someone who is willing to help themselves. I don't
loan anything. If I have it I give it. I'll beak my last chunk of bread
in half and share it. Just dodn't go flaming everyone who doesn't live
on the road, you'll find yourself alone out there real fast! Oh by the
way I still have the solar panel that powered the pocket color TV, the
nintendo gameboy advanced, & the radio I used traveling on my bicycle.
I make the best out of whatever situation that comes my way. I just
have a few less choices today. It would be nice to do the jem shows and
crft fairs again but some of my options have been taken away and I am
doing the best I can. I payed social security for many years, so I'm
not getting a freebe, I payed my dues, and noew I'm collecting for
awhile because I need to. No I don't like the direction this country is
going, and I never trusted polititions. It was a question of survival
and like any animal (Excuding most human beings) I have a natural
instinct for survival and I'm damn sure going to use it!




..::::..
.::' '.
::' &
::: {{} :
::: {@ } :
':: <= _J
.: / } '
'/ ( .'
^ / ( )
/( { \\
\\__{ ( )~~\\
~~~~/ \__# -m
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
{ -=GraayWolf=- }
-***@excite.com
2005-02-25 20:03:58 UTC
Permalink
hmmmm seems the criteria for being "rainbow" gets more and more strict.
gotta live in a cardboard box on the sidewalk and eat out of dumpsters
to be considered "rainbow" now?
well... i've been homeless and hungry and tho it was quite a learning
experience its not a lifestyle i want to adopt permanently. the best
time i've had on the road was doing the Renaisance circuit. i traveled
all around the country hanging out with cool and talented folks and had
money in pocket just working a nifty job on the weekend. but even that
got old after awhile. having lived in tents, vans and boats i for most
of my adult life have to admit that having this modest roof over my
head and a real toilet and shower is quite pleasant. i like my garden
and my horses which i couldnt have if i was still living in a van. if
enjoying having a home and land makes me "Babylonian" then its a big
"oh well". my mate and i have more room so we fight less, i got my
veggy seeds started, the chickens and ducks are laying fine eggs and
i'm getting better at riding my horse. in this moment i am content.
SpunDance/SunDance
2005-02-25 22:21:31 UTC
Permalink
its cool, bro. we got the same thing here. I recommend geese. the Eggs make
great french tost.
Post by -***@excite.com
hmmmm seems the criteria for being "rainbow" gets more and more strict.
gotta live in a cardboard box on the sidewalk and eat out of dumpsters
to be considered "rainbow" now?
well... i've been homeless and hungry and tho it was quite a learning
experience its not a lifestyle i want to adopt permanently. the best
time i've had on the road was doing the Renaisance circuit. i traveled
all around the country hanging out with cool and talented folks and had
money in pocket just working a nifty job on the weekend. but even that
got old after awhile. having lived in tents, vans and boats i for most
of my adult life have to admit that having this modest roof over my
head and a real toilet and shower is quite pleasant. i like my garden
and my horses which i couldnt have if i was still living in a van. if
enjoying having a home and land makes me "Babylonian" then its a big
"oh well". my mate and i have more room so we fight less, i got my
veggy seeds started, the chickens and ducks are laying fine eggs and
i'm getting better at riding my horse. in this moment i am content.
Preacher Mike
2005-02-25 22:43:08 UTC
Permalink
Post by -***@excite.com
hmmmm seems the criteria for being "rainbow" gets more and more strict.
gotta live in a cardboard box on the sidewalk and eat out of dumpsters
to be considered "rainbow" now?
heh, yeah, I've been accused of being a sell out while I was working
to keep my van or bus on the road by riders I put off for not contributing
by getting some bread together themselves to help the cause.

(like it was my responsibility to keep both them and the vehicle fed.)

It has gotten worse since I began dealing with some medical issues
and entering university because the doctors told me I couldn't work
at the trades I had used in the past to support myself.

Should I earn my MA degree, (I face my first attempt at my orals 3/23),
I hope to find a location that will provide both employment sufficient to
support me and pay off the student loans while possessing a VA hospital
in the area to provide the continuing medical support I will need.

It would be nice if a small place large enough to house myself
and my library on enough land to provide space for a few
chickens and such.

house hippie? Most of the folks who helped me during some of my
darkest times would have fit that description.

I have noted the ability of some to freely live off others with no conscious
concern runs rampant. I personally own a shotgun and learned how to
load rock salt and rind just to educate those who would fight for their
right to "rainbow" me to the poorhouse.

As a younger man, a few friends had to "tough-love" me when I over-stayed
my welcome so I have experienced the situation from both angles.

I've noted other homes that have gone by the road because the owners could
not just say no!

Let those who live off others do and say as they will, I say!

I congratulate you on you and yours ability to find a place you feel at
peace within.
Post by -***@excite.com
well... i've been homeless and hungry and tho it was quite a learning
experience its not a lifestyle i want to adopt permanently.
A valid point
Post by -***@excite.com
the best
time i've had on the road was doing the Renaisance circuit. i traveled
all around the country hanging out with cool and talented folks and had
money in pocket just working a nifty job on the weekend. but even that
got old after awhile. having lived in tents, vans and boats i for most
of my adult life have to admit that having this modest roof over my
head and a real toilet and shower is quite pleasant.
I heard that!
Post by -***@excite.com
i like my garden
and my horses which i couldnt have if i was still living in a van. if
enjoying having a home and land makes me "Babylonian" then its a big
"oh well". my mate and i have more room so we fight less, i got my
veggy seeds started, the chickens and ducks are laying fine eggs and
i'm getting better at riding my horse. in this moment i am content.
AMEN
PM
--
No matter where you go, there you are ...
--Buckaroo Bonzai
Post by -***@excite.com
hmmmm seems the criteria for being "rainbow" gets more and more strict.
gotta live in a cardboard box on the sidewalk and eat out of dumpsters
to be considered "rainbow" now?
well... i've been homeless and hungry and tho it was quite a learning
experience its not a lifestyle i want to adopt permanently. the best
time i've had on the road was doing the Renaisance circuit. i traveled
all around the country hanging out with cool and talented folks and had
money in pocket just working a nifty job on the weekend. but even that
got old after awhile. having lived in tents, vans and boats i for most
of my adult life have to admit that having this modest roof over my
head and a real toilet and shower is quite pleasant. i like my garden
and my horses which i couldnt have if i was still living in a van. if
enjoying having a home and land makes me "Babylonian" then its a big
"oh well". my mate and i have more room so we fight less, i got my
veggy seeds started, the chickens and ducks are laying fine eggs and
i'm getting better at riding my horse. in this moment i am content.
ironyWrit
2005-02-25 20:17:11 UTC
Permalink
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, I suppose.

I've been all up and down the battlefields of life. Been dumpster
diving, lived in a hippie house, lived in a car, been couch-surfing, spent
nights on the street and had a full-time job and even got into debt with the
IRS.

It's good to rant, to express the damage that society has done, I'll
give you that much. But deep inside we all have a human heart.

One other thing we all have in common besides death, too, is that
human-beings, if you squeeze them the right way and in the right spot will
eventually squirt something. We're squishy like that.
Post by colors
I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year to
gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have the
"security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in your
white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality of
fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over my
family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which goes
to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery you
are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
My road family never says no. They always give for free without
expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean it,
expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in the
same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you go to
once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with my
family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up. All of
it.
One of few,
colors
P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is cool,
fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
thing you'll ever do in your life.
one of us
2005-02-26 03:16:13 UTC
Permalink
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
ironyWrit wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>Keep your friends close and your enemies closer,
I suppose.
<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've been all up and down the battlefields of life.&nbsp;
Been dumpster
<br>diving, lived in a hippie house, lived in a car, been couch-surfing,
spent
<br>nights on the street and had a full-time job and even got into debt
with the
<br>IRS.
<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's good to rant, to express the damage that society
has done, I'll
<br>give you that much.&nbsp; But deep inside we all have a human heart.
<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; One other thing we all have in common besides death,
too, is that
<br>human-beings, if you squeeze them the right way and in the right spot
will
<br>eventually squirt something.&nbsp; We're squishy like that.</blockquote>

<p><br>lol&nbsp;&nbsp; chuck b:-)
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;
<p>"colors" &lt;***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<br><a href="news:***@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com">news:***@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com</a>...
<br>> I'd chime in on this, as trollbait as the post is I do see a huge
<br>> difference in the road family, those that travel most of the year
to
<br>> gatherings and the like, the hitchikers, and the people who have
the
<br>> "security of a job and bank account". I would first say that that
<br>> security is a false sense of securtiy and that only real true security
<br>> comes from community which whilst you are deluded, eludes you in
your
<br>> white bread over priviledged nuclear world. House hippies are generally
<br>> uptight, non-sharing and need their space and would easily kick a
<br>> family, a real rainbow family, off to the curb, or anywhere else
<br>> suitable so they can ignore the reality of conviction, the reality
of
<br>> fuck you and your wal mart and your coca cola and all your other
<br>> babylonian bullshit. I have a job because my three sons needn't freeze
<br>> to death this winter and a rich woman we know offered me a debt over
my
<br>> family freezing and dieing in our schoolbus. I make about 200 a week
<br>> right now. I will quit as soon as its warm and go back to playing
<br>> guitar on the streets and selling hemp for my money, none of which
goes
<br>> to soda, fast food, electric bills, or any other of the corporate
<br>> garbage you people consume without even a thought of the slavery
you
<br>> are perpetuating or the killing or the culture of imperialism and
<br>> fascism that the Marines are over there murdering children for right
<br>> now all in the name of defending your way of life. WAKE UP AND RAGE!
<br>>
<br>> My road family never says no. They always give for free without
<br>> expectation of return and there are only a few I have met in
<br>> gatherings, globally, that offer something for free and really mean
it,
<br>> expecting nothing in return and would never ask me or my family to
<br>> leave their space, no matter what, because when your family its my
<br>> space too, because I'm family. Because I return what i borrow in
the
<br>> same or better condition including the land I camp on. Living without
<br>> impact is not limited to your over priced drug and fuck party you
go to
<br>> once a year at the rainbow gathering, whilst I'm trying to pray with
my
<br>> family. Its a life style over all and there are truly so few rainbows
<br>> in the world. Need a cigarette, a place to stay, food? Are you family?
<br>> Me too. Who owns what? Yall seriously need to free that shit up.
All of
<br>> it.
<br>>
<br>> One of few,
<br>> colors
<br>>
<br>> P.s. U.S. americans are typically bratty and arrogant. Rainbow is
cool,
<br>> fucking trendy ey. Not when its real. When its real its the hardest
<br>> thing you'll ever do in your life.
<br>></blockquote>

<br>&nbsp;
<br>&nbsp;</html>
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...