What people are doing who aren't at a gathering.
SunGypsy
2005-07-02 06:01:59 UTC
Just wondering who else out there besides me isn't going to a
gathering. I thought maybe I would start a thread about what us left
out people are doing instead. A way for us to share in a weird kind of
psudeo-quasi...er not at all online gathering.

I spent the day recording some songs and pulling weeds in the garden..
My cat was frothing at the mouth yesterday but seems ok now. Musta ate
a lizard or something bad.
I also painted an indian Elephant. It is a piggy bank and I got it at a
yard sale for 50cents. It is wearing fancy ornate head dress and indian
blankets and I painted all the details in gold and red, blue and
purple. What a cool find.
I am glad I didn't take off for the gathering because I got a call from
a local DJ of a talk show to be a guest because he saw my article on
suistainble living. So I am going to be thinking about how to prepare
for that next week.
I am having some friends up for dinner tomorrow and we are going to
watch a show about Burning man and talk about the local Colorado
burning man called apogaea that we just went to.... then going to two
potlucks this weekend.
My plans sure don't compare to a gathering
but oh well.
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
firedance
2005-07-02 06:43:09 UTC
decentralization to the four corners, west virginia too far from where
we are, ozarks closer, lighter weight gathering, too late to go there
with holliday traffic so many roads lead to the same place, but more
than a place, a spirit of rainbow where ever one is, agree, wanting to
go and not go, a longing to be there, here too, today kindled a fire
with a drum could almost hear the sound-feeling of other drums, any
update about ozarks gathering? one spirit many places, link with
everyone as if they are family....
Peter
2005-07-02 12:43:42 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
Just wondering who else out there besides me isn't going to a
gathering.
I got a financial screwing from a former partner that left me unable to
attend the gathering, but fortunately I had prepaid for another
wonderful event called Starwood, a blend of ~2000 "consciousness
expansion" folk and neo-Pagans held in Western NY.

http://www.rosencomet.com/starwood/2005/

I always find plenty of rainbows there, despite the $165 price for the
weeklong event. HIGHLY recommended to anyone in the N.E. who needs to
gather 'round the campfire.
Sanity Clause
2005-07-02 13:17:27 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by SunGypsy
Just wondering who else out there besides me isn't going to a
gathering.
I got a financial screwing from a former partner that left me unable to
attend the gathering, but fortunately I had prepaid for another
wonderful event called Starwood, a blend of ~2000 "consciousness
expansion" folk and neo-Pagans held in Western NY.
http://www.rosencomet.com/starwood/2005/
I always find plenty of rainbows there, despite the $165 price for the
weeklong event. HIGHLY recommended to anyone in the N.E. who needs to
gather 'round the campfire.
I like that post, despite the surcharge it sounds like what AGR was
intended to talk about, IMHO or course. :^)

Loving Light,
Sanity RE
WatchCity
2005-07-04 02:27:52 UTC
imho as well
m***@aol.com
2005-07-02 14:23:47 UTC
Sweet thread. I'm recording music also. Trying to get my musical blog
up and running. (Why is this so hard even with a new computer and
dsl?) Trying to get a car up and running. Love, <R>
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
SpunOneProductions.com
2005-07-02 20:50:30 UTC
Miranda...I got your KKUP radio show online..if you need some help sis..
drop me an email.. and i can get you the software to make windows streams
and upload them to the free archive or other Pay server....im sorry it took
so long to get your Whole CDROM online in 5 Formats, win,real, qiuck, mp3,
and a few other open souce formats for Linux and Mac folkz too..., but I
have been moving the website to a free server, and re doing all the
webpages..took me 6 months..I just finished last night.
I wont be able to do the Cassette tape of music, so I will be sending it
back with the ReMastered CD rom..and the original.want to touch bases with
you and the A few thing??write ME ok??.all your music is on the producers
page...drop me an E mail OK??.. peace out
***@starband.net
www.spunoneproductions.com
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
m***@aol.com
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
firedance
2005-07-02 23:15:18 UTC
so ya didnt go too, am wondering what about going late, after the
forth, could find core people to travel with or base with, concept of
cyberspace gathering alt. am kindling a fire with a drum, would be
playing drum circle.....today is the second, drive straight through
from wis....spirits rising
m***@aol.com
2005-07-03 00:07:00 UTC
Oh yeah. I forgot. On the fourth itself, I'll meditate. On that day,
I'm always as if home when I close my eyes. I can hear the drums all
the time like even now.
Peace. <R>
from wis....spirits rising
s***@gru.net
2005-07-03 14:49:25 UTC
Yesterday, baked many (6) loaves of yummy banana bread, used weedeater
to define paths thru the tall grass in employer's yd while communing
w/nature yesterday during house & critter caretaking....watched house
wrens feeding their begging big-as-they-are babes, delighting in many
humming birds feeding within feet>yrs of me before the heavy rains came
again again...saw more at my own house very late in the day for added
smiles. Use of employer's cell phone (free calling on wkends!) to call
several family/friends and keep the connection going. Hospital
visitation to my eldest (89 yr old) sister-mentor "chicken-lady" friend
who i fear may not make it back home from injuries sustained falling in
the hen house. Today, critter care w/same sweet animals, then
hospital visit, then picking blueberries (pick-in event at the G'ville
Organic Blueberry Farm, all you can pick from 10am-9pm for $15), nap,
then am headed early eve w/multi-loaves of banana bread to the
umpteenth annual 3rd of July party by members of G'ville Oldtime Dance
Society--private house on a lake in town absolutely full 'o gators
(foolish to swim there EVER and now esp w/nesting going on),
bring-a-dish chowdown, music, dance, swimming in big indoor pool,
watching UF's firework display reflected over the lake....essentially
yuk it up fun w/folks from in and out of state (some camp on the
property). I'll be taking my shakare, primitive tambourine & a few
drums, as am sure there will be a percussion circle going amongst many
circles of all kinds of music from tribal, to celtic, blues, swing,
cagun, old time, etc being played in various parts of the big house and
property. No absolute plans w/humans tomorrow, but definitely
w/critters and nature. Mindful meditation as i, too, hear the drums
for peace in my heart and remember the endless drums during soooo many
gatherings. Circling w/others thru the vibes that connect us all.
shar-on
s***@gru.net
2005-07-03 22:58:30 UTC
Pounds n' pounds (21 lbs) of blueberries i picked up n' down only two
long rows way out in the far reaches in the fields today this
afternoon. Only a few of us wanting to wander where no one else seemed
to (too far to walk?), tho there was a "rainbow style" van shuttle
actually driven by Ocala gathering attendees who own/run the blueberry
farm...they dropped folks off a little bit away from the barn and front
fields and folks walked as near/far as they chose. I felt like a she
bear or the double-fisted ape (that i am) grabbing sweet goodies,
eating pounds and pounds as i picked. Now to clean up myself up, get
the berries on ice in a cooler (a 5-gal bucket won't fit in my fridge
til i can get them into the freezer), and go dance, sing, swim, drum
and generally play some more. What a wonderful day!
-***@excite.com
2005-07-02 14:58:53 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
[...]
my mate and i are going to friend's house to partake in an all America
bar-b-que. lite a few sparklers. not a rainbow gathering by a long
shot but the friends are excellent so it's cool.
one of us
2005-07-02 15:40:22 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
Just wondering who else out there besides me isn't going to a
gathering. I thought maybe I would start a thread about what us left
out people are doing instead. A way for us to share in a weird kind of
psudeo-quasi...er not at all online gathering.
i think some of my kids and some of the grand kids are coming for the
holiday. we will camp in the back yard and keep a fire going in the fire
"pit" so we can gather round the fire and enjoy the company. probably
have to string a tarp as it looks like rain.

chuck b:-)
GraayWolf
2005-07-02 16:50:43 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
[...]
I spend the day etither building modules for Neverwinter Nights or
playing Neverwinter Nights, Age of Empires, Age of Empires II, Warcraft
III, Windows Pinball (High score 10,003,467) or burning movies,
watching movies, Burning Music or listening to music, or all of the
above. my butt is now the shape of my computer chair. I actually eat
and sleep once in a while, when I remember too. (not too many brain
cells left!) there are no potlucks in my area or other family that I
know of. Coolidge has mostly tweekers & crack heads, so I just stick to
myself. If I didn't have this computer I'd be pulling what's left of my
hair out by now!

GraayWolf
Karin Zirk
2005-07-02 17:38:23 UTC
Trying to support the folks on site.

The next court date is July 5th. Apparently most of
the people who went to court on June 28th opted
for a trial on July 5th.

So some folks at the gathering are organizing a press
conference for July 5, 9 AM at the Cranberry Mountain
Visitor's Center.

Apparently, the last court date had cops in Riot Gear
and Sniper Rifles to "protect" the courthouse.

At any rate, here's the info I sent out this
morning. Please take this, update it and send
it out to all media in area.

Don't forget to put your contact info on whatever
you send out.

Peace,
Karin

********************************

Monongahela National Forest, Seebert, West Virginia

July 2, 2005

Unduly Unauthorized Unrepresentatives of the Rainbow Gathering to Hold Second
Press Conference on Tuesday, July 5 @ 9 AM at Make Shift Courthouse

On Tuesday a second “Rainbow” court is scheduled for gatherers who missed the
first court date. Once again, the Cranberry Mountain Visitor’s Center is being
transformed from an educational nature facility to the court of a federal
magistrate and more people will be tried for camping in the woods.

At the first court appearance on June 28, some individuals plead no contest to the
charges and were fined or promised to perform community service.

If the upcoming proceedings are anything like those of June 28, gatherers who
plead not guilty to the charges will have no time to prepare their defense as
their trial will start immediately and testimony by the USFS will be allowed while
testimony by individual citizens was not admitted.

According to media reports of the June 28 proceedings, encampments of as little as
twenty campers that have contact with other campers in the national forest can be
cited for failure to organize themselves into a “group” as was the case with some
of the accused who were found guilty by U.S. Magistrate John Kaull. This chilling
precedent could apply to any family who camped in the woods and made friends with
other campers a mile down the trail.

The press conference will be conducted on the front lawn of the Visitor’s Center
if possible. Mounted USFS law enforcement officers, U.S. marshals and West
Virginia state troopers prevented disorganizers of last week’s press conference
from entering the center.

Once again, the Federal Government is spending large sums for money to prevent
people from exercising their rights to peacefully assemble in the woods. Many
taxpayers think the money could be better spent on schools and health care for our
veterans.

Where is it happening?

The Cranberry Glade Visitors Center near Seebert, West Virginia. Directions: from
the Washington, DC area, take I-66 west to I-81 south to I-64 west. At Lewisburg,
about 12 miles across the state line inside West Virginia, take WV Route 219
north. Near Seebert, West Virginia, take 39/55 west to the Cranberry Visitor
Center. Total travel time, about 5-1/2 hours.
Terry Richards
2005-07-02 18:21:29 UTC
http://tapintopeace.dyndns.org/sunshine/rainbow/sites/annual-site.html
or
http://www.welcomehome.org

/|\
SunGypsy
Terry Richards
2005-07-02 20:47:12 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
Couldn't get that first link to work... can you tell us about it?
it may have been down while i was working on it. i am trying to get to
the point where i can serve webpages for other people.

basically, it is mirror of robs' site. since he has a notice that his
server is overburdened i took it upon myself to relieve some of the
strain...

/|\
Finch (evincer) VIA d'Shawnee biome esq.
2005-07-02 20:57:17 UTC
Greetings. Nice thread. Haven't been at agr much lately. All the LEO
activity around this year's gathering convinced me not to make the trip
to WV.

What doing? Gardening some (eating about half of my food out of the
garden, the last couple of weeks: looking forward to the coming tomato
glut, gratefully experiencing each new flower). Spending some time with
a lady a met a couple of weeks ago (wondering what that's all about:
probably another one of those 'temporary college relationships', but
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt -- without expecation), working
on a couple of classes I'm taking over the summer, trying to figure out
how to fit into this weird and wonderful mainstream USA "culture" while
trying to not get too downtrodden about the way things seem to be
going.

Grateful to be back in the US these nine months and five days (tho who
is counting?)

Hope to spend some time in silent prayer on the fourth.

Thanks for being.

e-vince rrrr
/|\
SpunOneProductions.com
2005-07-02 20:43:49 UTC
Me and the family here have a bliss pit, and we play music and drums every
night till late. singing rainbow songs, and other music that we wrote. my
oldest daughter said, It feels like home.. and told them that we are all
connected to Home, and HOME is where your HEART is..and a few of my other
kids told me when they closed their eyes and played drums they could feel
the RainbowGathering & energy connecting thru the music....she is17 this
year and has been to 5 rainbows. and since we landed here a few years ago.
we dont have the time or money to leave...and we will be gathering on our
land here. and praying with the family like we do every year till we make it
home again one day...peace out
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
WatchCity
2005-07-03 20:21:49 UTC
I probably have to work some, my partner has to work some (farms don't
take vaca), middle son has to work a full shift at tha supah markit
(he don't mind, he's getting rich - ah 2B eighteen w/ a ft job, no
expenses and college freshman experience coming up).
Probly grill some food in th backyard.
Really hoped to git hOMe ever since I heard twas going to happen
nearish to me, but there is too much going on in my life even so. No
car and WV is still a hike by bicycle. No money to spare neither, and
had to tend my ma for a couple of days - just had eye surgery
(cataract - she's fine - can't tell yet if she'll be able to read again
now)
2 menny responsibilities and relationships and obligations where I am -
but it is all good.
Maybe next time around the sun I'll get to where it is happening.

But this year i am only there in spirit.

pacem watch out
p***@wildmail.com
Sun_Gypsy~~~*
That Guy
2005-07-06 20:20:19 UTC
Post by SunGypsy
[...]
I spent the first through the fourth playing the "Doc Hack" series of
videogames on my PlayStation 2. Weird game, but very entertaining.